Feel like going to the movies? As art imitates life, movies are a great way to take you out of your reality and plunge you into someone else’s. Let’s go take a look at the Rotten Tomatoes reviews to see what picks our fancy.
The site features both trailers and written reviews. It’s up to you how you want to fuel the vocabulary for this lesson.
- What are some of your favorite movies?
- What genre do you like most?
The site: Rotten Tomatoes
- Scan the titles and have participants pick one and say why (other than “it looks interesting”)
- Go to the description, at the bottom, and do a quick Tell Back of the summary, pulling out key vocabulary.
- Watch the trailer. Make a list of actions you see.
- Describe the characters. What makes them interesting.