I love silly quizzes that tell me which Star Wars character I am or whether I am an introvert or extrovert. I definitely take them with a grain of salt, but I do find them entertaining. What’s more, the suspense creates a great natural motivation to read. So here is one I find pretty generic and adds an educational aspect to it. But you can find the all the quizzes in the to get things going section of this Website.
- Have you ever done a silly pop-psychology quiz?
- What was the result?
- How much do you know about art?
- What artists do you admire?
- What was your result?
- Which paintings did you recognize?
- Which paintings left you puzzled?
Let me know how it goes…
Wait what? Yes you heard me…there is so much out there to remind us to calm down, it can be positively stressful. From meditation, to prioritizing, exercising, sleeping, making lists, it can be time consuming and yes stressful to reduce stress. Why?
Thrive Global devotes an interesting article on the “Calmnivore.” It exposes the bombardement of calm-related strategies and advice. The goal is the help separate the useful from the silly.
- 8 out of 10 people report feeling stressed, why do you think this is so?
- What do you know about the “Zen” culture?
- Do a Mind Map of some of the stress reducing techniques you know
The article: The Calmnivore’s Dilemma: Our Increasingly Stressful Search for Calm
- What are some of the main points of the introduction?
- What does Propranolol do? Why is it controversial?
- First heading:
- What is stressed linked to?
- What does it mean to be ‘reactive’ rather than ‘proactive’?
- What therapies and technique exist
- Second heading:
- What is the author’s story?
- Third heading: